1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Montain View, CA 94093
Work: fsha at google dot com
I work at Google Research.
My research interests are Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML), and AI for Science / Scientific Machine Learning (SciML), with a specific application focus on AI for Weather and Climate Science. At Google Research, I lead a team of scientists and engineers, working in those directions.
I was a Professor of Computer Science at University of Southern California (USC). I no longer provide research assistantships, postdoc or internship positions there. So please do not inquire those opportunities with me.
I do respond to service requests to the research communities, though my bandwidth is limited.
- ICLREvolve Smoothly, Fit Consistently: Learning Smooth Latent Dynamics For Advection-Dominated SystemsIn ICLR, 2023
- ICLRMention Memory: incorporating textual knowledge into Transformers through entity mention attentionIn ICLR, 2022
- ICMLActor-Attention-Critic for Multi-Agent Reinforcement LearningIn Proceedings of the 36th International Conference on Machine Learning, ICML 2019, 9-15 June 2019, Long Beach, California, USA, 2019
- CVPRSynthesized classifiers for zero-shot learningIn Proc. of CVPR, 2016
- NeurIPSSimilarity Component AnalysisIn Proc. of Annual Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2013
- CVPRGeodesic Flow Kernel for Unsupervised Domain AdaptationIn Proceedings of IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2012
- NeurIPSUnsupervised Kernel Dimension ReductionIn Proceedings of Neural Information Processing (NIPS), 2010
- NeurIPSLarge margin hidden Markov models for automatic speech recognitionIn Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 19, 2007
- NAACL-HLTShallow Parsing with Conditional Random FieldsIn Proceedings of Human Language Technology-NAACL 2003, 2003